When a family transitions from homelessness to a new home, the financial costs are burdensome. On top of families’ ordinary expenses, the prices of furniture and home goods can break a budget, especially for the extremely low-income families New Lease’s work focuses on. Consider welcoming a family home by crafting a simple Family Care Package containing small home goods, mini appliances, pantry foods and toiletries. Family Care Packages can be donated on an individual basis, or through a group effort.
Family Care Packages: Suggested Items
Below are suggestions of home goods families often need when transitioning into their new homes. We ask that care packages consist of unopened or unused items, and that small appliances are new or lightly used.
- Laundry baskets
- Linens (full and twin size bedding, bath towels, kitchen towels, wash cloths, etc.)
- Kitchen items (dishes, utensils, dish soap, paper towel, etc.)
- Pantry items (dry/canned food such as pasta, tomato sauce, snacks, etc.)
- Small appliances (toasters, coffee machines, microwaves, etc.)
- Bathroom supplies (bathroom rugs, soap dish, toothbrush holders, shower curtains, shower caddies, bleach/cleaner)
- Diapers and Wipes
- Gift Cards to local grocery stores or department stores
Please contact New Lease at 857-233-5821 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!